HowTo install CM agents
Computemode agents are available for Windows (checked on Windows 7) and Linux (package available for Debian Squeeze 64 bit-mode). The Linux and Windows agents are software to install on a node. Those software checks periodically if the node has to reboot on the computation mode querying the computemode schedulers on the server.
How to install the Linux agent
cat <<EOF > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/computemode.list deb http://computemode.imag.fr/files/debian/squeeze ./ EOF apt-get update apt-get install cm-unixagent
A cron task will be installed on the node and it will check every 5 minutes if the node has to enter into the computing domain.
How to install the Windows agent
- To install the windows agent, get the zip archive: http://computemode.imag.fr/files/windows/winagent.zip
- Unzip the file into a directory
- You must edit cm_pxe.cmd to set CMSERVER to your LAN IP address of the ComputeMode server.
- You can configure the environment variable MAC if you have several network cards. This variable configure which one of your network card will be used to contact the computemode server.
- Launch a "command line" with administrators rights
- On the extracted directory, just execute the following command: install_cm_agent.bat